Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tucker

_MG_6023

This is Tucker.  He’s an English Cream Golden Retriever.  He’s not mine, but we will have care of him a lot of the time.  My mom has been missing a companion dog since Lady and Honey died last year and we have all been missing Casey (my Golden that passed a few years ago) something fierce lately, so she decided it was time to have another big dog to add to the mix.  What I think has turned into a happy accident is that Tucker is so laid back and wonderfully sweet (one of the reasons I chose this breeder when researching for our own…but not for another year or so) and he will be the perfect “therapy dog” and thus a dog mom can take to work with her at the clinic.  He already loves to lay at my feet as I work on the computer and follows mom and I everywhere.  He certainly loves Aaron and has even been playing with Brice (who is already deeply attached to him).  For those of you that know Ryder, you know that he is generally afraid of dogs, but is right now cuddling with Tucker and loving it.  I’m happy that while we are not in a position to have a dog of our own at this point in our life, we still have the opportunity to have another Golden in our lives and another big dog for Brice to run around and play with.  I’m sure as he gets older we will be watching him less, but for now I’m enjoying every minute of my time with him.  There will be lots more photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment