We had a great time on our visit to California for Bethany and Caleb’s wedding. I just wish we’d had a little bit more time to visit with the family after the wedding. Brice did very well on the plane ride considering his age and tolerance for sitting in one spot for very long. The flight down he slept and the flight home he was kind of a monster. We had some screaming because he didn’t want to sleep, but we also had a few laughs and lots of flirting with the flight attendant. We flew the smaller Horizon plane and actually it was really nice. We just had the two seats (instead of three like the bigger planes) and got to sit at the back both there and back. That was a huge help I think. We met up with Ruba in San Francisco on Friday night for dinner. She got to meet Brice for the first time. It was so nice to catch up with her, I haven’t gotten to have a visit since Aaron and I got married – so we were long overdue. I can’t say I'll be flying with Brice again anytime soon. It wasn’t so much him as everything that had to be brought and scanned through. Security is kind of a pain with a kid. Luckily it’s a short drive to visit, now I just have to find a way to entertain him for 11 hours while I drive…
The wedding was lovely. The ceremony short and sweet (just how I like them) and the reception was a lot of fun. Brice LOVED to get out on the floor and dance. Unfortunately most of the photos I took were blurry. The low light combined with lots of movement makes for blurry photos. But I managed to get a few anyways. The wedding itself was at their church and was nice and intimate. Andrea sang a song, accompanied by dad on the keyboard, and just about blew me away with how wonderful her voice is. That girl will be a star someday with a voice like that. I wish I had my video camera so I could have recorded it for you all. I am seriously in awe of her talent. The reception was an a great old building in town. It was seriously a great spot for a reception. The food was great and it was just overall so well done. Bethany did a great job planning it and had so many great friends and family members to help her see it through. And she did amazing for being 7 months pregnant – I think that’s why it’s a good idea to have babies young.
Sunday we visited with dad, Val and the girls for awhile. Caleb and Bethany came over for a short while, too. They enjoyed their first married night together in their new home as a couple. Caleb joked about watching the microwave since they still need a TV. Brice enjoyed the pool while we visited. I wish we had a pool of our own for him, he is definitely a water baby. That was the part of the visit that was too short. I really hope we can make it again while the weather is nice so he can enjoy some more time in the pool with his aunts. And it would be nice for him to get to know his new uncle Caleb a little more, too. Not too much longer and he’ll have a new little cousin (Jason will be his name) to play with!
Click on “View Full Album” below to view all the photos from our weekend visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment