Monday, September 21, 2009

The Newest Member of the Family

025

Jason arrived 8 weeks early, but he’s here safe and sound!  He actually was born on Thursday (9/17) in the morning, after only 8 hours of labor.  The lucky girl…on that front at least.  At this point I don’t think they are sure why Bethany (my sister) went into labor so early.  She is a very healthy 18-year-old and shouldn’t have gone into labor, but that she did.  He weights just a little more than 3 pounds, but is doing just fine.  He is breathing on his own now, but will still need to be tube fed for awhile.  His red blood count was down a little, but I guess this is normal for preemies and he was going to receive a blood transfusion.  At this point the hospital thinks he’ll be able to go home in four weeks.  That will work just perfect for Bethany and Caleb as they still need to finish getting their house put together.  The poor kids, some honeymoon!  That is Caleb’s hand up by Jason’s head.  He’s so small.  I can’t wait to get down to California for a visit.  I think we’ll wait until he’s home to go down.  This will really be my first encounter with a baby since having Brice.  I am really wondering what memories it will bring up for me.  I am VERY excited to be a aunt and this is especially meaningful to me since Bethany is the oldest of my little sisters.  My only regret is that we don’t live closer to each other so our boys can grow up around each other.  I will just have to make sure and get us down there for lots of visits!

2 comments:

  1. how sweet congrats auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babies were all early. My first were 10 weeks early, and my youngest was five. My body just didn't like to be pregnant! Your nephew looks awesome for 8 weeks early! Congratulations to all of you!

    ReplyDelete