Monday, September 14, 2009

Yellowstone

IMG_2765 IMG_2772 IMG_2779 IMG_2785 IMG_2786Those were some big “woofs”!!  Brice was quite impressed.  We went back to our cabin for  Brice to take a nap and found these guys milling around.  It was so quiet around the cabins, since everyone was out in the park, that this was probably the most peaceful spot for them.  Every year they seem to impede traffic, this year was no exception.  The day we entered the park there was one walking down the center of the oncoming lane of traffic, holding them up.  Quite funny…and even more so since it wasn’t our direction.  These guys were happy to munch on grass and pass us by.  I think this was the closest yet I've been to them, and they are impressive.  The last photo is of them rolling in the dirt by our cabin.  

IMG_2787 IMG_2796 IMG_2800 IMG_2804Brice doing a little hiking after lunch.

IMG_2812 IMG_2817 IMG_2874 IMG_2885 IMG_2887Eating the plants.  Wonder if he’ll be a boy scout?

IMG_2889 IMG_2893 IMG_2903 IMG_2917 IMG_2951 IMG_2973 It was a very nice visit in Yellowstone this year.  There were lots of little hikes for us to take with Brice.  It was nice for him to be out of the car, and getting worn out at the same time. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves. It looks like wonderful weather too. I like the boardwalk path they have for you to walk on, I bet it makes it really nice for Brice to run along :)

    ReplyDelete