Brice is a very special little boy. His daddy MADE him this bed. We made it to fit his crib matters and I love the shape of it. It will work well for the next few years and I like that we don’t have a side rail on there so that I can sit in bed or next to it with him and read stories at night. Right now he has the quilt his Great Aunt Diane made for him before he was born. Kitties and doggies. This kid has so many quilts (and more to come i’m sure) so we will be constantly rotating.
He has slept in his bed for two nights and two nap times so far. The naps he does REALLY well, sleeping his usual 3 hours without falling out of the bed. When he wakes up you hear over the baby monitor “Maaaama. Moooommy.” and he lay’s there until someone goes in to get him. I’m not sure how long that will last.
At night he does well with going down in his bed, but part way through the night he has fallen out the past few nights. The first night we didn’t know he’d fallen out because he’d gone right back to sleep after he did it. He just curled up on the pillows next to his bed (to cushion his fall) and slept. We went in and covered him up, but otherwise just let him sleep. Last night he fell out twice and was awaked by it, so I had to go in and put him back in bed. But he was good about it and went right back to sleep. He slept until 8AM! If you know Brice, you know that’s not like him at all. I like this “big boy” bed! We’ll see how he does tonight. I’m sure we’ll have a few more nights (weeks?) of falling out of bed, but he will eventually get it. For now, i’m just so happy that bed/nap time isn’t much of an issue. I predicted lots of “You need to get back into your bed” conversations with him, but when he’s tired and ready for bed, he goes down with little to no argument. It’s nice….while it lasts.
such a doll and so cute bed
ReplyDelete