We met with the Allergist today. Nice doctor. I don't feel that way often. He is a pediatric allergist, so it's nice to see someone that specializes in children.
Based on the initial appointment, they want to go ahead with testing. But we need to wait another three weeks since his last reaction was so recent. They like there to be at least 4 weeks between the reaction and testing just to make sure there aren't false positives/negatives.
So Brice will go back December 4th and have some skin testing done. While I really don't want him to be allergic to rice, I want to find out what is causing the problem. I'm just too worried to feed him anything right now...and i'm even afraid to start him on vitamins. I did a little research, and he could have an allergy to a vitamin or mineral. That is really the only common denominator, besides the rice (one was organic, one wasn't) and it is a possibility. 
We went to Grandma Sheila's today - that's Brice sleeping in the sewing room on his quilt from Grandma Sheila. He got so quiet as I was doing some quilting on the long arm. We looked over and he had gone to sleep. He must have been tired, because he almost never does that. We just let him nap there. He did his usual 20 minutes or so. Lady had to sneak in and take a peek. When he woke up he was all smiles. I love when he wakes up from naps all smiley.
Oh he is growing so fast Christina. So sweet napping on the floor but this allergy thing must be so worrying. Thinking of you all.
ReplyDelete