Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Getting Exciting!


I put him on the floor to play and he was down there just a minute and started scootching up his legs. It seems he's starting the motions to crawl. Although, if he does crawl, it is usually around 9 months...so it's a little soon yet.


It's still exciting to see, none the less. Yesterday we had his 6 month well check-up. He dropped from the 16th percentile to the 12th. He's just a little guy. His head is tiny, too. But it's proportional to his body, so really, nothing to worry about.


I guess the allergist notice a heart murmur when we were there the other day, so she was listening to that. She said she couldn't hear it at first. She did eventally hear something, but basically said that becuase he's so tiny we're just able to hear the heart working better than on most babies. She wasn't too concerned, so that was good. She gave me the option of going to a cardiologist to have it checked out, or to wait. She said if it were her, she'd wait. And that's how I felt, too. So we are going back in one month to see how he is doing with solids (can't start that until after the allergist appointment on Dec. 4th) and to see if he's gaining a little more weight. While it concerns me a little, it doesn't as well. I was a tiny baby, so he's just taking after his mommy.
In some ways I dislike going to the pediatrician. She asked how he was doing with rolling over and sitting up, and he's doing just fine from everything else I read, but she said he's behind. I'm not sure how he's behind. He rolls over and sits up with only support at the hips, which is exactly what he's suppose to be doing at 6 months. That's even what her handout says. So I always get irritated. He just doesn't roll over much becuase he gets down on the floor maybe 2 or 3 times a month. Because of our hard floors he just doesn't get down there much. He's always held by one of us or in his jumper. See, here he is trying to roll over.
And he did it with no effort at all. He knows what he's doing. He's down on the floor right now doing it again. And i'd say if he's scootching across the floor on his stomach, that he's ahead. So there!

I guess I just need to not take what the doctor says at full value. I know my kid is healthy, happy and doing just what he's suppose to be doing for his age. And he's even ahead in some things. He babbles away, apparently he shouldn't be doing that yet, either. He's been standing since 1 month old, and he's just suppose to be doing that now.

Well, someone is tired and ready for a nap after all of that activity. Of course he fights it. He did eventually go down for a nap. And he slept for about an hour, too. That is so nice. I need those hour naps.

1 comment: