Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Baby

Last year we had zero trick or treaters. This year we had a TON! Not sure what the difference was. I don't think it rained last year...not that that would stop kids in this neck of the woods from getting free candy. We handed out some candy, but mostly chips that my mother-in-law (Grandma Bonnie) brought by. The kids all seemed excited to get the little bags of Doritos or Cheetos. That surprised me.

Grandma Sheila watched Brice early in the evening and handed out the majority of the treats...Aaron and I went to the driving range to hit a bucket of balls. I haven't been to the driving range in probably 6 years. Never actually "golfed", either. Since Aaron is such an avid golfer, and I've always wanted to go on a regular basis...we headed up there so he could see that I had the basic idea. I got a "you didn't suck as bad as I thought you would" kind of comment from him. I guess the fact that I've told him I've taken lesson's before didn't seem to matter to him. So he was surprised that I hit the balls the majority of the time, and with some distance.

My arms are starting to hurt a bit, I'm not use to that kind of movement. I've only been out on a course once, and it was just a little 9 hole, and it was "night" golf...so I'm not sure if that really counts. I'm looking forward to heading out with my husband. I told him that a cute golfing outfit is a must! Yes, I'm going to be a "girl" about this sport. Now I just need to get my tired butt on my snowboard again this year and show him I can do that, too. He just doesn't believe that I'm into all of this outdoorsy stuff. Just you wait, honey.

1 comment: