I used this rocking horse when I was little, and so did David…and my dad and aunt and numerous other family members (including my sisters). This guy has been to Germany and back and was built by my dad’s dad – my Grandpa John. I never did get to meet my grandpa John as he passed about 2 years before I was born, but my mom use to always tell me that he would have loved to make us grandkids things.
He is in need of a little touch up and repair, but is in really great shape for being, what…close to 50 years old? I’m not sure how to go about the paint touch up at this point, I might just give it a good wash and call it good and try and shine up the metal bits that make up the harnesses. One of the front rudders (?) needs repair, but we might just have to sand it for now.
So as you can see Colin (Liz’s son) LOVED it. I brought it inside and he immediately wanted in and started rocking like a pro. Brice even came over to help him "rock”. Of course Brice was scared of it and wouldn’t get in. I’ll give him a few days to warm up to it.
We even got Colin to get into it on his own and out again. He did pretty good with a tiny bit of help.
This is Colin snapping. He’s so cute!
And here he’s snapping to Brice and Brice gives him a little push. Brice is such a bully when it comes to playing with other kids. Usually it’s not too bad, but yesterday he was such a brat. They are both teething and have their days, but Brice was having a particularly bad one yesterday. Today is better and I hope those darn molars make an appearance soon, because this mom can’t take much more.
Nice to see this passed on to yet another generation. Dad built this before I was born so it is well over 50 years old. He probably never thought that it would be around for his great grand children.
ReplyDeleteI love how he "snaps"
ReplyDelete