Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Birthday Party!

IMG_5776

First off, to the family that couldn’t make it – we missed you!   I really wish you could have been there because it was so fun to see Brice with all the party activity.  Although, I must admit, the best parts came during the day before the party.  He was just so happy to see everything.  I wish I could have gotten it all of video.  He reacted so much more exuberantly than I thought he would. 

IMG_5757 IMG_5759

The night before the part I decorated above the dining room table and put out mylar balloons around the great room.  I wanted him to be surprised when he woke up.  He was definitely surprised!  When he woke up in the morning you could hear him exclaiming “Dora!  Boots!  Bob-Bob!” over his balloons at his little table.  Those are two of his favorite cartoon characters.  Of course, he quickly found his Tex car from the movie Cars waiting for him on his table.  He brought it to me in bed “Open?  Stuck!  Tex!”.  So I opened it while half asleep in bed and he got busy playing with it.  For breakfast I made him a special French toast recipe.  His first time having French toast.  He loved it.  When he went down for his nap, I pulled out another small toy for him and blew up some balloons for him to kick around until the party.  He loved the little magnadoodle I picked up for him and had a blast with all the balloons.

IMG_5750
I made him a homemade, from scratch angle food cake – a tradition in my family.  I thought it might be a little hard after “hearing” my dad make mine back in January the same way.  But it was easy!  I think the weather was cooperating with me that day since it was 12 egg whites beaten into a meringue.  It turned out beautiful and was so good.  I will definitely make it again.   When Nana showed him his cake he got SO excited.  “Birthday Cake!  Party!”  and he was covering his mouth with both hands and just getting so excited.  I really, really wish I had had the video camera on hand – I didn’t quite expect that reaction.  He was just so excited and all day kept running around yelling “Party!” 

IMG_5779
Of course I kept asking him how old he was, and he complied with showing me 2 fingers numerous times.

IMG_5845 IMG_5902

We brought his jeep out of the garage for him and Colin to play in once they arrived.  (This was a Christmas present from his Uncle David if you remember.)  They had a blast.  Brice is so cautious while driving it, but not Colin – he takes off!  Which is a change for the two of them.   They played it in forever!  And Brice was content to let Colin have a nice long turn, but boy, when they both got out, Brice ran to the drivers seat again!

IMG_5922

IMG_5926 
Brice had to wave to everyone.  It was so funny!  So of course we all had to wave back. 

IMG_5946
After we all ate, it was time to eat some cake!  Brice wanted to dive right in, but first we had to light the candles.
 
IMG_5951
 
He was a little shy at everyone singing happy birthday to him, but at the end of it he was fine.  He had just never had that before, this being his first birthday party.

IMG_5953 IMG_5954
Mommy helped to blow out the candles.

IMG_5973 IMG_5995
And then they ate lots of cake!  The angle food was definitely a hit!

IMG_6062
After cake was presents and Brice loved everything.  I was a little worried we’d be overwhelmed with toys, but everyone did great!  He loved everything!  And of course had to play with it all as soon as we had it out of the box. 

IMG_6023
One of his favorite toys is “Honey-Puppy” as we call her.  This was from “Grandma” Kandi.  He carries her all over the house with Mr. B and Puppy…and has to sleep with all three!  It’s so cute to see him come out of his room in the morning with an armload!  I have photos I took of him with all of them, I'll share next post.

IMG_6124
Colin and Brice ran around outside after that – wearing their matching coats, burning off cake sugar high.  Of course they would have to have matching coats and be a  just like their moms.

IMG_6148 
After running around some more, it was time for piece of cake #2!  It was his birthday after all.  This time he had a piece of the sheet cake that Grandma Bonnie picked up for us at Costco – Ohmygosh!  Was it good!  There was a lot left – and we ate it all!  Probably not a good thing – but it was so good!

IMG_6169

It was a great party and Brice had so much fun with no melt downs.  I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday party for him.  I’m so happy with how it turned out and so happy with his reaction.  I hope they are all this wonderful!

IMG_6188 
The next morning he was still pretty tired from the party, but he was loving his new PJ’s that Auntie Liz made for him!  They are now my favorite PJ’s that he has.  I will be expecting him to get a pair every year from now on.  ;)    Thanks to all of the family for their great gifts – everything was perfect.  We’ve read all the books twice now and he plays with ALL of his toys daily.  I think I would call that a success!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute birthday party. We had a lot of fun. I am so glad the pajamas fit. Colin likes to look at these pictures and think of cake...lol

    ReplyDelete