Thursday, June 17, 2010

Road Trip :: Farm Chicks

IMG_6588 IMG_6609 IMG_6610 IMG_6612 IMG_6616 IMG_6617 IMG_6621 IMG_6622 IMG_6623 IMG_6627 IMG_6638 IMG_6648 IMG_6668 IMG_6674 IMG_6680

A few weekends ago now, Brice, Nana Sheila and I went on a road trip to Spokane for the annual Farm Chicks Flea Market / Antique show.  I’m not sure we’ll be going again anytime soon.  It was crazy busy!  Even if we didn’t have a stroller hindering our movement, we still wouldn’t have been able to move.  Press in recent years has this event being a big draw, and I don’t think they had counted on that.   From what we heard from others, they had twice as many vendors as usual and triple or more patrons as usual.  And since it’s on a Saturday/Sunday, everyone and their dog was there.  Hopefully they will move to a bigger space in the coming years, otherwise we will just have to wait to attend.  I can’t deal with that big of a crowd of people, and funny enough, it was really upsetting Brice, too.  I did walk away with one item, in one of the booths I was actually able to get in to (probably the only booth).  I got Brice a cute little wood chair for his room, to sit next to his books for reading.  Only $10, it was a steal.  It’s a pretty blue-green color and I think I'll make a little cushion for the seat for him.  I will of course share photos once I get him in action using it.  He was so kind as to humor me yesterday and sit in it so I could see how it fit, and without prompting, he grabbed a book to read.  Such a smart boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment