Saturday, September 4, 2010

“I Go See Doctor!”

IMG_1886 “Yeah, yeah, mom – I go see doctor!”  That’s what he kept telling me after I told him we were going to see the doctor this morning for his (late) two year well check.  I took him to see my favorite family physician and couldn’t be more pleased with her as Brice’s “doctor” as well (she’s really a physician's assistant).  Everything checked out great!  She said he looked like a very healthy and happy little boy.  He is very tall for his age, and of course very skinny – but that’s no different than his dad and I when we were his age.  While he is something like 11th percentile for weight, he’s 97th percentile for his height!  I think he might be even taller than his Uncle David one day! 

He did pretty good at the visit.  He was a little whinny and uncooperative – but nothing new for two.  I kept telling him his reward when we were done and back home was to play with Big Buzz.  Of course as soon as we were home, he reminded me.  So out Big Buzz came.  He did SO good with him!  Usually he whines the whole time because he’s so big and he has a hard time playing with him an wants us to play with him.  So of course we usually tell him we’re not interested in playing with Buzz, that he should play with him, and then the whining starts.  So we don’t bring him out much.  But after today, with how good he did, I think we will be able to start playing with him a little more.  He got some more Big Buzz time tonight and once again did very well.  He even told us when he was done playing with him and we put him “nigh-night”.  I hope this means we’ll start to grow past a little of the whining phase – cause I'm REALLY tire of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment