He had to have been desperatly tired to have fallen asleep on his own, on the couch, with the tv on. He never does that. I usually have to force him to go to his bed and make sure the door is closed before he will shut his eyes. But he was late getting down to his nap and the little turkey woke up before 5 am! He’s usually super sneeky and quite and I don’t hear him get up in the morning, but this morning he was playing with one of his dump trucks and making a little noise. I peeked open my eyes and knew it was still really early since there was no trace of the sun on the horizon. I didn’t have my contacts in, but the clock said 4-something (close to 5). I picked him up and said it was too early and brought him back to bed with me…where he squirmed for an hour. I don’t know if he went back to sleep or not, but I eventually did and didn’t hear him get up the second time.
He’s sleeping in “my spot”. Every morning we sit here snuggled up together under the quilt. Usually I’m on the iPad (reading) and he’s cuddled up next to me watching some cartoon or another (usually Little Bear). If I happen to get up, he always makes sure to stay just to the side of the heating pad (that’s what that is on the couch back) and pat’s the couch cushion and tells me to sit when I come back. I’m sure the heat of the pad helped him to fall asleep. He was just too precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment