Saturday, December 20, 2008

Babies First Snow!


We've been hit!  Finally.  All week they talked about snow storms, that didn't amount to much snow for us in Vancouver...it did for Portland, though.  But it's finally our turn.  These pictures are from out at Mom's house in Ridgefield, WA.  

It started snowing sometime between 5:30am and 7am this morning, and it hasn't slowed down all day.  It's so pleasant to watch.  I decided to stay out here last night, and i'm glad I did.  If I hadn't, I wouldn't have made it back here today.  And I still have lots of crafting to get done for Christmas.  


It looks like it's raining in this picture (above) but it's actually snow.  It's just tiny flakes that are pouring down.  

We bundled Brice up in his bunny suit and mom went for the mail.  Of course Grandpa Jack was driving around the neighborhood checking it out.  Why is it that men love to drive around in the snow?  Aaron included. 

It's cold out there!  Look at that little red nose!  

This picture reminds me of A Christmas Story when the little brother is crying to his mom "I can't put my arms down!"  The actual storm hasn't hit yet.  We're still waiting.  It's suppose to drop another 4-6" on top of the 6" we've received today.  The news has been on all day long.  No breaks.  They just keep rotating reporters.  It's a big deal for us.  There is suppose to be freezing rain starting late tonight, early tomorrow morning.  That will make driving oh so much fun.  Needless to say, i'll be staying out here tonight and possibly tomorrow.  The good news is there is snow forecasted through Christmas, but with rain as well.  So not treacherous to drive in, but fun to watch.  Aaron is at home with Ryder.  We've got some inches down there, too.  I'll have to have him take some pictures.  More can be seen here (go to the last page to see the most recent).  

No comments:

Post a Comment