Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Coloring With Mommy

IMG_4750 He likes to get in my lap and draw, since I usually have a pad of paper and pen handy for notes and doodles.  Since I was working on my art journal, it wasn't the ideal time to draw on mommy's lap, so I set him up with his crayons at his table.  He was happy.  He had to tell me the color of every kitty.  He loves that he knows all of his colors. 

IMG_4752 I am really surprised at how much he knows.  He's not even 2 yet and he can tell me all the primary colors plus some, shapes (including that the stop sign is an octagon), and most of his letters.  We even know numbers and he's counting consecutively from 1 to 5 now (although 8 will always be his favorite number to jump to).  He knows that if you have one of something, and add one more you now have two.  He can tell you how old he will be and show you two fingers for it. 

IMG_4755 I'm so very proud of my little guy and forget that he's not quite two sometimes.  He loves to learn and is a sponge, which surprises me since he is so athletic and energetic.  Usually I think it's one way or the other, not both.  But with him it is. 

Today we started to learn how to write our letters.  He likes to do the loops of the big B, but hasn't quite got that you need a line with it.  He's young, we have lots of time for stuff like that. 

1 comment:

  1. He is very smart, he knows way more then Colin. I suppose I should start playing/teaching Colin more of those things instead of how to make pudding :)

    ReplyDelete