It is hard to remember what all has happened...this is why I try and blog everyday. But, I was too tired last night. And I left the card reader in the car, put on PJ's and really didn't want to run out to the car in PJ's to get said card reader to take photos off of the digital camera's memory card. So, here goes to the best of my remembrance.
We wanted to stay in Jackson Hole at our great little inn again, but sadly they had no rooms available. I've already told Aaron that we HAVE to go back here. I'm thinking birthday...maybe do a little snowboarding... So we really wanted to stay in the park (Yellowstone, that is), but when we called they had NO rooms available. That is just incredible. Second year. Last year we got the last room, and that was arriving at the park around 9 o'clock in the evening. Use to be we could arrive and get a room no problem. I guess they have had a lot of foreign travelers this year since the US dollar is down. Great for them, bummer for us. Note to self: reservations from now on.
So we had a nice drive through the park. It was really too busy for us anyways. We really like to be in Yellowstone when it's quiet. Makes it so much easier to get around. It always cracks me up, seeing people stopped in hoards taking pictures of bison, of all things. It's just a cow with a hump on it's back...we can buy them ground up in the grocery stores for Pete's sake. But, I guess if you haven't seen them before, they might be cool. They are really just a nuisance. Stopping traffic, taking their time crossing the street. They are smart. They always make sure one of them is on the road so that the WHOLE heard crosses. This was the first year we weren't stopped by them. Actually, we didn't see any of the heard's, just a lot of loan bison, laying in fields. Every year we hope for a bear, and every year we're disappointed. Maybe next year. I didn't take near the number of pictures I normally do, I guess because I feel like I've photographed it all. But I did get this nice shot as we were headed out of the park.
Once outside of the park, we headed towards Bozeman where we were going to stop for the night. We stayed in a Hilton there, so nice. Comfy beds. Today was a slow driving day. We made a few stops along the way looking for open quilt shops. We only found one and it was in Deer Lodge, Montana (close to Butte). It's a cute little town, in need of a little work. It is one of the next "undiscovered" places. It definitely has the potential to be a "yuppie" town. They have a really neat old jail - hard to really tell just how neat from the picture.
This picture cracks me up! Brice was hungry - Sorry guy, right spot, wrong mom. Get him in "position" and he immediately thinks it's time to eat. I've created a monster.

So we had a nice drive through the park. It was really too busy for us anyways. We really like to be in Yellowstone when it's quiet. Makes it so much easier to get around. It always cracks me up, seeing people stopped in hoards taking pictures of bison, of all things. It's just a cow with a hump on it's back...we can buy them ground up in the grocery stores for Pete's sake. But, I guess if you haven't seen them before, they might be cool. They are really just a nuisance. Stopping traffic, taking their time crossing the street. They are smart. They always make sure one of them is on the road so that the WHOLE heard crosses. This was the first year we weren't stopped by them. Actually, we didn't see any of the heard's, just a lot of loan bison, laying in fields. Every year we hope for a bear, and every year we're disappointed. Maybe next year. I didn't take near the number of pictures I normally do, I guess because I feel like I've photographed it all. But I did get this nice shot as we were headed out of the park.
Once outside of the park, we headed towards Bozeman where we were going to stop for the night. We stayed in a Hilton there, so nice. Comfy beds. Today was a slow driving day. We made a few stops along the way looking for open quilt shops. We only found one and it was in Deer Lodge, Montana (close to Butte). It's a cute little town, in need of a little work. It is one of the next "undiscovered" places. It definitely has the potential to be a "yuppie" town. They have a really neat old jail - hard to really tell just how neat from the picture.
This picture cracks me up! Brice was hungry - Sorry guy, right spot, wrong mom. Get him in "position" and he immediately thinks it's time to eat. I've created a monster.
So this is Reason # I-lost-count why I love my Element: front seat doubles as a changing table! The seats fold flat so two people can sleep in the car. Let me tell you, this makes for a COMFORTABLE ride. Since Brice wants us in the backseat with him at all times, it makes it not only easy to get from front seat to back seat while car is in motion, but you get to recline the back seat and lay your feet out on the front seat. So nice! And as you can see, it makes for a great spot to change a dirty diaper in a pinch.

We worked our way towards Missoula (where the ice damn was that held back all the waters that eventually - numerous times - emptied out towards the Pacific Ocean, carving out the Columbia Gorge in the process) and stopped for dinner.
We then headed on our way to Coeur D'alene, Idaho where we planned on stopping for the evening. This picture reminds me of why Montana is "Big Sky Country". It never ceases to amaze me. So here we are in Coeur D'alene at a Holiday Inn Express. Brice wanted food again - note the drool spots on moms shirt. I guess this kid thinks any rack is a food source.
We've had our nightly chat with "daddy". Brice grabbing his feet, and sticking his big toe in his mouth (just like his mom!) He likes to watch dad on the computer...but for some reason he was especially chatty with me this evening. He was cooing away and talking back to me.
But the big news of the day is Brice's baby steps! This kid has loved to stand on his own since he was about a month old. He holds himself up, will push himself up and loves to just stand there. Chances are, if he's been fed and is fussing, he wants to stand up. I haven't really noticed him "stepping" yet, but when we stopped at the quilt shop I stood him on the floor and held his hands. He kept himself up there, I just kept him from toppling over. Anyways, he STEPPED! At 3 months old! I'm sure he has no grasp of the concept, but he's been "walking" around this evening and I had mom take pictures. In the first picture he's getting ready, then he's stepping with his right foot and the last picture shows him trying to move the left foot. So, just to clarify, he's keeping himself up and he's moving his feet on his own. I'm just holding his arms up. Not that I want to rush it, but i'm amazed. I've said from the start that this kid came out wanting to run and this just goes to show it. He's going to be like me and never crawl.
No comments:
Post a Comment