Thursday, September 11, 2008

Home Again...Kind Of

We have been home since late Monday night...home as in back to Vancouver, that is. Brice and I are staying out at my moms house this week so that Aaron can finish all of the projects at home. I have gotten some clues as to what he's been doing, and i'm VERY excited to get home and see what all has been accomplished. It's just easier for him to finish up with out the two of us under foot all day. Before getting back in town we stopped at some quilt shops, Buggy Barn included (pictured above). Then we made our (boring) way home through Eastern Washington to I-84 through Oregon. I always think that's the longest part of the drive. I don't know if it's because we're almost home, but not quite, or if it is just really boring and long. Aaron has been coming out in the evenings to visit with us, and even staying the night, but the sofabed is REALLY uncomfortable, so I don't blame him for going home to our super comfy bed at night.

We stopped by the house Monday night and picked up my sewing machine and fabrics (in the side door with eyes shielded so I wouldn't see what was being done). So we've been out here sewing away. I think Brice is a lot happier to be out of his car seat. Two days in a row now! He loves to babble and grab his toes...and he's always ready with a smile. He loves to look my way when I am talking...not to him, but to others. I think he hears my regular (non-babyease) voice. It must remind him of when he was inside of me.

Liz and Colin came out for a visit the other day. It was so nice to see them after our week away. The boys are starting to be a little more aware of each other each time they are together. I can't wait until they are toddlers keeping each other entertained. Look, they already fight! Well, back to sewing! ...and i'll post pictures of the house when i'm home again.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of the all of us is great! I feel a bit bad that Colin has his hand in Brice's face but it's hilarious. We had a great time and we can't wait to come out again.

    ReplyDelete