Friday, January 29, 2010

More California

IMG_0412-3We’ve been sick this way with head colds, so updates haven’t been happening.  While we were in California it rained just about the whole time.  It felt a little like home when amongst all the rain the sun decided to come out.   Still raining, but the sun was out.

IMG_0415Dad and Val have a Meyer’s lemon tree growing in their backyard and it was FULL of lemons.  Nothing like fresh lemonade.  

IMG_0416 IMG_0418 IMG_0420 IMG_0424 IMG_0427We went and watched Elizabeth (my youngest sister who is just a handful of months away from being 13!) play at her basketball game while we were there.  It was fun watching her grab for the ball!  That’s her on the left in the purple.

IMG_0430 IMG_0446 IMG_0471 This was the night we tried to go to San Francisco, but didn’t quite make it. Instead we just had dinner at Sheri’s.  I know.  All the way from home to eat at a homegrown restaurant.  I had a laugh.  On the menu was Willamette Valley Potatoes (or some such) and I said to Aaron “I’m sure they don’t even know how to pronounce ‘Willamette’ here!”  I almost asked the server to pronounce it for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment