Friday, January 2, 2009

Brice's First Christmas - Part 2

After we left Grandma Sheila's house to head to another family member's home for Christmas, we had a bit of a delay.
I was none too thrilled by it, luckily Grandpa was just down the road and able to come to our rescue.

Mom's road was TERRIBLE! It had to be the worst road in Clark County. You didn't dare get yourself into the wrong ruts....or this happened.

It doesn't look too terrible...but trust me, I could open my window and touch the snow on the other side of it. It really did seem as if the car was going to tip right over into the snow.
Grandpa Jack (Brice's great grandpa) brought up his truck, and with the help of one of the neighbor's chains, pulled us right out! It just reinforced for mom and I the fact that we were not meant to leave the house in all of that snow!
The drive through Ridgefield was beautiful. With close to 18" of snow, and no rain yet, it was a winter wonderland. Like nothing the region has seen for 40 years they said.
It's kind of ironic that the day I came home from the hospital, there was 14" of snow (1980) and for Brice's first Christmas we had 18" of snow.


All of that snow is gone now. But we got a new layer last night, about an inch. It's pretty, but nothing like what we had. More Christmas with the families tomorrow. Flickr album here.

No comments:

Post a Comment