Monday, January 12, 2009

New Developments

There have been so many new developments with Brice over the past few weeks. I was going to blog about them a little at a time, but he just keeps doing new things! So I thought i'd better get to sharing.

He crawls like a mad kid now. Army crawls, but he's working on getting his knees under him more and more. He can pull himself up to his knees, and if he holds our hands, he can get to his feet. He now thinks he needs to nurse while on his knees. This is a pain. It's harder than heck to change his diaper. He rolls as you are laying him down. I have to find some forbidden toy (like the remote) to give him to get a few seconds to change him. Usually I end up putting the diaper on him while he's on his knees.

He makes a "thhh" sound now. Also, "dee". Now if I could just get him to say "da-dee" we'd be in business. He makes some sort of "da" sound that sounds like he's saying "David". He knows i'm Mama. He is stuck on "da-da" until he wants me then he knows to start saying mamamama. Very cute.

He is using his tongue a little, like to blow raspberries. He also uses it to make a few more sounds along the lines of "thhh", but different.

He developed a small rash on his lower back and cheeks last week. It's now all over his trunk and legs. It's also on the back of his arms, and back of his head. It seems to be fifths disease, which really isn't that big of a deal. It's just a rash following cold-like symptoms. He's irritable these last two days and a little itchy, but doesn't have a fever or anything. On top of that, I think we're going through some teething pain. I had to give him some baby Tylenol last night, that seemed to help. I tried to look at his lower gums, and it kind of looks like the whites of his teeth are coming in, but I still can't really feel them with my finger.

2 comments:

  1. Is he stuck in a box now. looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby we know how he feels,uncle ray broke out all over his chest and back itching real bad. It was a new pill the doc put him on.

    ReplyDelete