So, while Blogger works out its problems with the embedded commenting form (the box at the bottoms of post where you leave comments) I am having to revert back to the old way of leaving comments. So, to direct you in what to do, here is a brief tutorial.
There is two ways to go about getting to the comment form to leave a comment on a posting. I’ll lead you through the one that I think is the easiest for most of you. I am assuming that most of you visit the site by going to www.lanefamilyadventures.blogspot.com. This allows you to view all of the postings at once (where as, if you click on the blog title it takes you to just that posting). From this main window, here is what you’ll do:
1. Scroll to the bottom of the posting you would like to comment on and find where it says “Comments”. I might have a number next to it (i.e. 1 Comment). Click on Comments
2. A new window will open where you will type your comment.
3. After typing your comment you will have to choose how to identify yourself. If you have a Gmail (or Google) account, you can sign in with this on the form (I was already signed in) and it will show me your name. If you have it set up to show your email address, i’ll be able to email you back! [If you want something like this set up and need help, let me know and i’ll get it set up for you.]
Your other option is to choose Name/URL where you can enter just your name (no URL needed…or you can enter your blogs URL there), or to choose Anonymous. Just remember when choosing Anonymous to sign your name to your comment so I know who said what.
4. After that’s all done, click Publish Your Comment.
Once the embedded comment form is working again, I'll get that back up and going. And I'll do another tutorial for those of you that are unsure of how to comment on that form. I hope this helps and gets you commenting!
As a side note, if you happen to already be within the blog posting, the way to comment is slightly different. Instead of clicking on “comments” as in step one above, you will simply click on “Post a Comment” at the bottom of the comments section at the end of the post. Everything else is the same.
I hope this works for everyone
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete